Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replace atmega8535 with atmega32 in dt-avr low cost micro system

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhakti_dinar

Thanks for master who solve my trouble last

I wanna ask something again, I have bought a dt-avr low cost micro system for atmega 8535 some time ago.

but in fact I have to change thats micro with atmega32.
So, what can I pair atmega32 in this module kit ??

I am very cautious because it's not cheap..;)
Pliss help me master

They're pin compatible, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't just plug the new chip in.

The Atmega16 and Atmega32 are pin compatible, the code will likely have to be re-compiled possible some of it ported though as registers have changed. It may not work with the software that was designed for the dev board but it will not harm anything to try it.

Not at all Ian.
Here's a link to the board he's talking about.

I'm not sure why he said they're not cheap though, that board shouldn't have cost more than 10 dollars. It should work fine with a Mega32, with the exception that none of the code will work until it's recompiled with the new I/O space that's in the Mega32. The programmer's software itself (no idea what it uses) may have a problem with the Mega32 but it won't hurt anything.

Simply put, it will work or not, it can't damage anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back