Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

repairing DVD player

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff2005

I have a portable dvd player im trying to fix, i know a little about electronics. the problem is when i plug the dvd player up it blows the fuse. the power supply is a small circuit the has the fuse on it, then the power supply plugs into the dvd players circuit. the fuse only blows when i plug the power supply into the dvd player circuit anyone know what might be wrong?

So you are telling us that if the pwr. supply board is unplugged from the DVD's controller board, the fuse does not blow open? If that's the case the fault is on that controlelr board. However if it's like most control/processing boards, it's a bunch of surface mount components and specialized IC chips making for a difficult repair. You could look for obvious signs like bloated capacitors, solder connections that show signs of arcing, or poor conductivity, etc. Remove the DVD mechanism's power wires from the control board so the motor(s) do not run. If fuse remains good, the problem is in the DVD transport itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back