Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Repairing an air fryer

Hi
I am trying to fix an air fryer that doesn't turn on.
I have discovered there isn't any ac power coming into the main board but there is ac power on the mains flex connection.

I traced backwards from where the ac is connected to the board. I found the board to be wired in series with a device shown in the picture. There are two one in series

What is this device called and how do I test it?
I suspect it's failed because that the only point of failure I can find.

Attachments

• PXL_20230609_120556422.jpg
    PXL_20230609_120556422.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 318
Last edited:
I think he said it was a 3.15A thermal fuse but you are correct it is rated by xxx 'C to prevent a fire which can happen when the popcorn blocks the exit , it can overheat. and trip the fuse.

What has pop corn got to do with it?.

The 3.15A fuse is entirely separate, and is a solder=in type on the PCB feeding the electronics.

I agree, my bad, similar hot air machine... " air fryer " but at least I pointed out where to get the part.

Hi there is something strange going on with the fan motor. After I soldered in the thermal fuses, I switched it on. But the fan wasn't spinning and I could hear humming. I tried to turn the rotor by hand with the power turned off. I noticed it was difficult to turn.

I was turning the rotor by hand then all of a sudden the rotor loosen up. It's now spinning freely.
I am very sure the fan was working before i took it apart to solder the thermal fuses in.

Does this mean the motor is bad? The motor is welded shut so I don't think you can repair it.

Often those small fans have sintered bronze bearings that 'gum' up or otherwise get sticky, it can pay to get some lubricant in them, better still, if the fan comes apart is to do this, and clean them.
Use very light oil.

Time for a new fan then, unless you can get it apart to refurb/repair it.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back