Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Repair TEKTRONIX 2445B

Status
Not open for further replies.

BestMimo

I had buyed an osciloscope TEKTRONIX 2445B, but I started it and the trace don´t appears?
It begin the self test and stop at "add", and do nothing at all?:(

Can you help me?

Bad ram can cause this, or possibly a problem in the timebase board.

In either case, you will not have access to the parts or technical info required to properly fault find the scope, well not unless you are, or work for, a Tektronix agent or authorised service centre.
My best advice is to take the scope to an authorised calibration centre and let them deal with it for you, that way not only does it get properly repaired without damaging anything else, but it also gets a recalibration in the process. It won't cost the earth to repair, certainly way less than a quality replacement, but it may end up as scrap if you touch the wrong thing inside it.

rgds

If you are not good at trouble shooting, then Tunedwolf's advice is the way to go.
Otherwise, download the manual and try and fixing it yourself.

Last edited:
If you are not good at trouble shooting, then Tunedwolf's advice is the way to go.
Otherwise, download the manual and try and fixing it yourself.

Cool. How did you find that link? I tried google with no luck. All I found was places selling manuals.

**broken link removed** is a very good site for service manuals which I stumbled upon a while ago. I have it bookmarked. ;)

Last edited:
Very cool, I now have a manual for my Tek 2236. Thanks

Yahoo groups has a excellent group for tektronix owners. Takes a couple days after sign up to become validated, but you will find lot's of help available.

Bad ram can cause this, or possibly a problem in the timebase board.

In either case, you will not have access to the parts or technical info required to properly fault find the scope, well not unless you are, or work for, a Tektronix agent or authorised service centre.
My best advice is to take the scope to an authorised calibration centre and let them deal with it for you, that way not only does it get properly repaired without damaging anything else, but it also gets a recalibration in the process. It won't cost the earth to repair, certainly way less than a quality replacement, but it may end up as scrap if you touch the wrong thing inside it.

rgds
It ´s very expensive in my country, for repair it´s most a price of a new one!:(
Of I can now it´s the ram?
Thank you:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back