Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Removing volume pot from PCB guitar effects pedal at place in volume pedal

Status
Not open for further replies.

wishchris

Hi all
Hopefully this is a simple query.
I'm planning to unsolder a potentiometer from the PCB of a guitar effects pedal and mount this potentiometer in a volume pedal so I can control the level of the effect with my foot whilst playing.

I plan to connect the pcb with the pot using 6 core cable. The cable length will probably be between 6-10 inches long.

Will the length of cable cause me any problems or should this work ok?
Chris

Use shielded audio cable and connect the metal case of the pot to 0V to avoid hum and interference pickup.

and the pot only has 3 connection points so you only need a 2 core screened cable (Not 6 core) :)

Dave

and the pot only has 3 connection points so you only need a 2 core screened cable (Not 6 core) :)

Dave
Only if one of the pot connections goes to ground. Otherwise you need 3 core screened cable with the cable shield connected to ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back