Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

removing LEDs from circuit board...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vp911

Hi, I am a newbie here... so please direct me to the right place to ask if I am in the wrong area...

Basically, I have a circuit board with several LEDs on it - I want to remove them from the circuit board and mount them into a plastic piece 4-6 inches away from the circuit board.

First, is this possible?
Second, who would I go to in order to get this work done?
Third, how much should I be paying?

Basically - for more detail - I have a remote display for the valentine one radar detector and I want to mount the LEDs in the plastic trim around the guages in the car.

I have two of the remote displays, and two of the plastic trim pcs around the guages (just incase of screw ups)

Thanks!

what kind of led's are we talking about here? (surface mount, 5mm, 3mm)?

If they are the 3mm or 5mm then they should be a piece of cake to do yourself. Just need some small pieces of wire to splice in.
Are you looking for someone to do it for you?

i dont have anything to measure them with... (i assume u mean take a ruler and measure?) but they are VERY small...

and yes, I am looking for somebody to do the work for me... I don't trust myself with this stuff.

infact here...
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

and this one:
**broken link removed**

thats the 30 second photoshop i did of what i want to do....

relocating LED displays of a valentine one radar detector? :)

i'm sure anyone with a half-decent soldering iron could do most of that... and probably a desoldering tool for the numerical display...

Yep, I figured somebody who knows what they are doing could do it. So, anybody here willing to do this work? How much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back