Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote wireless detonator (need help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh yea, one last thing. If you just want to make your project look cool, maybe you should go with the cell phone idea, add some racing stripes, and a walmart spoiler on the back, seems to make things look cool where im from. Oh and a huge muffler.

Wheather you're a terrorist or not I would stilll like to discourage you from doing this as it's dangourous. I do not want to take part in anything that can cause personal injury or damage to property so I am not willing to help you on this one.

I remember launching Model Rocket engines out of a pvc pipe that i made to look like a bazooka! it worked excellent with a trigger and everything...

Still, You old geizers (joking) need to join the real world (joking again), where kids like big booms and big explosions!

Well, in the real world these days, kids are taking guns to school and shooting up the campus. When I was in school, worst thing that happen if you got busted with firecrackers, was a few days vacation from school, maybe an ass whooping at home. A pipe bomb gets you an introduction to an FBI agent, even just discussing it can get you an interview. Usually when a kid is planning to do something adults wouldn't approve, they don't advertise it.

I don't think this kid is a terrorist. or would actually build something like this himself. Might talk some other kid into it though. It's just not a good idea to make it simple and availiable to anybody who might be looking for the same info, different reasons... I've seen plenty of circuits and easily modified products on the web, that could be used for something like this. It's not like anybody is hiding some big secret, we just want to keep the damage to a minimal.

It's a different world these days, same dreams I guess. We were allowed to carry folding pocket knives in school, kids these days get kick out for a plastic knife in their lunchbox...

Well, in the actual world these days, there are many more influences on teens and kids than ever before. The ones that do "shoot up campuses" are depressed and psychotic, perhaps from internal termoil. Some of the possible causes may be violence on the internet TV, and Music. You cant say kids are taking guns to school and shooting up the campus, because this isnt true. Only the nut jobs are, which were definately abundant in the 1960's or whatever. So, DO NOT ACUSE SOMEONE OF A TERRORIST, OR A KID GOING TO BLOW UP A SCHOOL. IT IS RUDE AND UNESSARY, AND YOU ARE MOST LIKELY WRONG.

Last edited by a moderator:
What he is looking to do is really quite easy to figure out. If he had enough brains to handle explosives he should be able to hunt down and apply the information necessary to build the circuit in question.

We should just wait until he blows himself up.

The problem is the OP isn't willing to put enough of his own thought and time into answering his own question and hence doesn't warrant a responce in the first place. The desired effect he's going for could be done using a pager and transistor set up to latch connected to the speaker/vibrator output. Anyone that can't think that up on their own and implement is going to end up blowing themselves up doing something far stupider long before they become a danger to someone else.

If you wanted something a bit cheaper you could use an FM radio to receive an uncommon DTMF pair and have a couple of audio bandpass filters to detect your frequencies.

When I was in about 4-5th grade, a kid brought a home made rocket car to our school science fair. It looked really nice ,it had three wheels (one in front /two in back) and the body was a long tube painted all red with two rocket engines along the sides about an inch in dia. all coverd in alum. foil.

We all crowded around while the teacher tried to light it, he tried for about 10 min. to get it lit and then went to get a propane torch because the matches wern't working well.

I had to leave, but on my way home from the school(I lived about a block away) I heard a loud bang. I ran back to school, and the car had exploded. It blinded the teacher and ripped apart his hand and the kid standing right behind him got sprayed with shrapnel. It was dinner time and most of the kids had gone home.

I never found out what he had used for the rocket engine tubes,but it was either steel or aluminum( the paper just said metal pipe).
I never forgot how close I was. I really learned not to trust adults that day, and to always use a remote ignitor.

Like audioguru said ,most of my homemade rockets exploded and most of my homemade firecrackers took off!

Last edited:
Well, OP foxtrotuniformgb- I think it's about time you explain exactly why you want to remotely ignite this device from 100m away and through a radio link rather than simple wire.

Really, explain this.

whats with all the blowing other people up? cant you see he asks nought but a simple question???

use a IR receiver/transmitter with the output on teh receiver connected to a transistor that would deliver enough current to a thin gauge wire wrapped around fuse, or put into the rocket engine hole. Simply pull trigger, and it will send signal to the receiver which will turn on the transistor and deliver the current to the wire, which will heat up red hot and ignite it.

I didn't read the thread, just the title. But I have a friend, she's really really smart. This is her website.

**broken link removed**

I have a friend, she's really smart. This is her website. She made an awesome wireless detonator.

**broken link removed**

Yeah, there are some female terrorists too. They also like to blow themselves and innocent people up.

I wonder where she got the blue Veroboard that I used to use a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back