Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote for my Stereo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric Rain

I have a Sanyo GXT929U stereo, and I am pretty sure it uses IR. But I don't have the remote. Is there any way I could make one?

The best way: buy an universal remote controller, it have about houndred preprogrammed codes and nice case.
If Your device have CCU with IR input, almost impossible discover the code-system.

Well, Sebi, the thing about that, is that I probably won't be able to find a remote that works with a 20 year old stereo. That's just an estimate, but let's put it this way. It has a record player and a 4-pin jack on the back of it for a CD player remote. Now, being that old, I would think it wouldn't have a red tinted square on the front that says "IR." But obviously, is uses IR. So anyway, not only that, but all I really want, is a volume control and a mute. Now, is there anyway that I could attach my receiver to the speaker wire line instead of even getting involved with the stereo itself? Any input would be great. Especially transmitter and receiver schematics. I need to figure this out bad because I use that stereo for my surround sound, and I have to GET UP to adjust the volume. :shock: :lol: So anyway, can anyone help? Please?

:cry: Can someone reply? I need help with this stupid thing really bad. I just need an IR remote and reciever to control the volume of my speakers...

If this device so pretty old, maybe it uses independent (and commercial) IC in IR-receiver stage. Try open the case, and localizing the IR-receiver transistor (or diode).Follow the signal wire on PCB to deoder IC and read the type of IC. Maybe i can find the datasheet with code-system of IC. If we have success with this method, maybe can find a transmitter IC, with full command capability.
You wrote: enough the volume control. I'm not sure this way simplyer, because You must to build a voltage controllable preamplifier (i know different types of IC), and IR RX-TX pair (and a pretty case for TX...)

If you only want to control the volume of your speakers you could make your own remote, using IR and encoders and decoders (to make sure the sun doesn't interfere) then just use the IR to control a digital volume control.

I suggest using :-
Holtek HT12D
Holtek HT12A
Wolfson WM8816EDW

Along with these you will only need a few external components.

Sebi said:
If this device so pretty old, maybe it uses independent (and commercial) IC in IR-receiver stage. Try open the case, and localizing the IR-receiver transistor (or diode).Follow the signal wire on PCB to deoder IC and read the type of IC. Maybe i can find the datasheet with code-system of IC. If we have success with this method, maybe can find a transmitter IC, with full command capability.
You wrote: enough the volume control. I'm not sure this way simplyer, because You must to build a voltage controllable preamplifier (i know different types of IC), and IR RX-TX pair (and a pretty case for TX...)

Hey! Thanks! :D I've opened the case to this thing before, but I haven't seen the reciever. I'll take a look at it a bit later and keep you posted. Once again, thanks! Oh yeah, I was thinking about the fact that I would have to build a preamplifier to control this thing. And it probably would be harder. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back