Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote Detonator Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mishael, you're showing a glaring lack of common sense I'm afraid, and have already demonstrated that you obviously shouldn't be doing what you're trying to do in the first place. Seek adult supervision and help from real people, or look up the information on the Internet, as it's all widely available using simple search tools. If you can't figure out how to do what you want then I'd recommend trying to learn more about the subject.
After what you've stated so far no one here is likely to help you.

After what you've stated so far no one here is likely to help you.
point taken. from what ive gathered no one wants to help me cause stating stuff honestly doesnt hold much water anymore...
im being honest here, i want to light up a smoke bomb from a distance. whats wrong with high school curiosity?

plus im interested in wireless entry. swipe a key card with an RF chip so it uses something different then a magnetic strip. i want to do something like that. but i need to understand the basics of such. i dont know why is everyone hating on dangerous seeming items with honest intention.
a knife can be a very useful tool in many cases, but it is considered a weapon. it is conceived as dangerous, but if used properly its completely safe and effective.

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with curiosity when it's tempered with the proper respect and common sense, both of which you demonstrated you lack.

point taken. from what ive gathered no one wants to help me cause stating stuff honestly doesnt hold much water anymore...
im being honest here, i want to light up a smoke bomb from a distance. whats wrong with high school curiosity?

I guess even lighting up a smoke bomb will probably get beyond your budget.

If you are being charged for the cost of the firefighers - who will be on scene after an alarming telephone call - you'll certainly rethink the whole thing.

In addition to that you will probably be charged for intentional air pollution.

You just happen to be born too late. Being born during WWII it happened very often, that ammo exploded inadvertently. So playing with bombs during that time was no problem.

There are many locations in the world where you could perform your experiments. Just check the daily news for a new small scale war. :)

Boncuk

P.S. BTW, a 155mm howitzer is considered to be safe (for the user) and remote. It fires shells accurately over a distance of 20miles. Want to buy one?

Last edited:
a knife can be a very useful tool in many cases, but it is considered a weapon. it is conceived as dangerous, but if used properly its completely safe and effective.

Please tell me how you consider a bomb being completely safe and effective.

I admit, bombs should be effective, but "safe"? :rolleyes:

Boncuk

Really man, you have to understand that people aren't going to provide you with the technological means for which to build a remotely triggered bomb of any sort.

Your intentions might very well be of the utmost honesty and curiosity as you say, but it would be irresponsible for anyone to give you this. As they say anyway, by learning some basic principles and using search engines you can find this stuff anyway.

Your intentions might very well be of the utmost honesty and curiosity as you say, but it would be irresponsible for anyone to give you this. As they say anyway, by learning some basic principles and using search engines you can find this stuff anyway.

Reminds me of Iran, telling the world to enrich plutonium for peaceful applications like nuklear power plants. :rolleyes:

I only hope that the USA and Russia together will give Iran 4,000 knots of wind out of two directions as soon as the first iran nuke falls on Israel. :mad:

Better do it before that happens.

Boncuk

In "the good old days" when I was young I made bombs that went up like missles and made rockets that blew up like bombs. I was luckly that I was not hurt and no damage was caused.

That kind of stuff will get you arrested now days though. Ahh the good old days are gone <sniffle>
Just gotta move out into the country, everything is legal in the sticks =)

Please tell me how you consider a bomb being completely safe and effective.
Boncuk
i was referring to a knife. the smoke bombs im talking about are novelty colored ones that are the size of a kiwi. theyre small, dont really do anything, and such. as for all the advice, well yea i can go searching for plans, but people just dont post clear cut instructions in plain english...

Funny Mishale, though I refuse to provide the links you can easily find information on how to make a remote detonator on the net. You just don't know enough about electronics to understand them.

If you want plain English I'll give it to you, use a long fuse, light it, run away. When you get to your remote location and the fuse has burned all the way down you will get a remote detonation.

Neither a knife or a smoke bomb are completely safe and effective. A slight accident with a knife can slice open your arm, a bad one can leave you scared for life or dead . A smoke bomb accident could start a fire (it's an exothermic reaction it is not intrinsically safe) it could also trigger an Asthma attack in sensitive individuals. People die because of harmless little pranks gone awry. Again by your excuses and statement you're showing you do not have the mentality to atempt such a project, nor any sensible reason for it in the first place.

Last edited:
Well being I am from the country sticks and the middle of nowhere region of the United states where we still legally blow stuff up all the time and I also believe that live and learn still are in effect as well, heres my take on how make a long long long distance remote igniter device can be fashioned for well under $25. ;)

Just take a cell phone apart that has the buzzer function and tie into the two motor leads and bring them out the back of the cell phone case by the battery cover. They will give you about 3 volts at about 100 Ma of usable power. Use that to switch a 3 volt relay (very common and around $5 or less on line at any electronics supply place.)
Then use the little relay to make the connection to an external battery pack that is big enough to fire the actual ignition system.
A good set of AA alkaline batteries (about $5) will supply enough current for a typical hot wire type hobby rocket motor igniter to work reliably.

What you do with it from there is your business not mine.;)

By the way this is basically upper grade school level information now. A quick search on line with the right keywords or phrase will bring up the actual schematics and many other variations of how to do this.

Remote triggering anything can be done with simple common items and a little common sense!

If you don't get the bomb construction info here, you will get it somewhere. So that doesn't bother me. BUT

high school is already on the watch list. for drugs. not anything violent

I wished to insult you by that comment, but that's not allowed here :)
Drugs are the fuel for the violence, the disgrace, the shame and the death in a lot of countries, if not all. Careful what you say.

Last edited:
right well i can count on one hand how many fights we have in school every year. just to say my reply to that statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back