Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.
buffy said:
what is the meaning of "microcontrolller"?

I may be wrong, but I believe it is a microprocessor coupled with some form of on chip memory, and various I/O functions designed to control an embedded system.

Gandledorf said:
buffy said:
what is the meaning of "microcontrolller"?

I may be wrong, but I believe it is a microprocessor coupled with some form of on chip memory, and various I/O functions designed to control an embedded system.

I would agree, basically a complete 'computer' on a single chip, you may have to provide an external clock (but not always) - but that's all. Because it require so few external components they essentially become just another chip - depending what you do with it, it may appear as just another custom made I/C. If you use a micro-processor to do this, it's very obviously a micro-processor solution - simply by the number of support chips required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back