Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clyd3

There were many threads a little while ago on remote control using PICs and little modules with manchester encoding and stuff...
Out of the Microchip RF range, what would be suitable for remote control?
It might actually pay you to see what they have on offer there afterall anyway.

i had an idea, which i still didn't find the time to finish.. but you can give it a try... i thought about buying a cheap wirless mic for about $5.. and then with sime reverse engineering you can adpat it (i think so..) for wireless RC...

ikalogic said:
i had an idea, which i still didn't find the time to finish.. but you can give it a try... i thought about buying a cheap wirless mic for about $5.. and then with sime reverse engineering you can adpat it (i think so..) for wireless RC...

Because it's illegal!.

no it is not! i live in egypt and beleive me the rules here doesn't help the engineers.. but this kind of mics, having 100 - 200 meters range are sold without lisence in egpyt, and ity is not illegal, in my country...

ikalogic said:
no it is not! i live in egypt and beleive me the rules here doesn't help the engineers.. but this kind of mics, having 100 - 200 meters range are sold without lisence in egpyt, and ity is not illegal, in my country...

Even if they are legal as radio mics in your country, converting them to data transmitters would almost certainly make them illegal (which was my point).

The question is if it wod be enven relyable.Since this is meant for audio.Mostly audio stuff dosent work well for data.

The some of the data may get lost along the way.

well then someone give me some links of those modules with that manchester encoding.
I really need to get this all going.
Ideally, for me, what I would like to do, is put a pin high on my PIC, and then the same thing happens on the other side, as if there were wires connecting the two PICs...
GIVE ME A LINK TO WHERE I CAN GET THESE THINGS, PLEASE!!!

Here you go whith some of these modules:
https://www.linxtechnologies.com/index.php?section=products&category=rf_modules

manchester coding is an data transfer method that uses only 1 wire.They send the clock and the data at the same time.The data is "put in" the clock signal by variing it a bit.An 1 is wen the clock goes from low to high and the other way.

You shod find the source code for manchester coding.Most of high level compilers have this built in.

any examples somewhere you'll be willing to tell me about eh someone?
I have 16f877's and 876's and 628's and 628A's and 84A's
as well as dsPIC6014's as well as 4011s and 4013s for motor control and sound etc.
They take soo long to get here that I got them in advance with my order...

what range would you say would be most suitable for me at linx???

There is person that made a robot based on pic16f84a and a microchip rf chip. I dunno if this is what you are trying to do but maybe this can somehow help you.
**broken link removed**

Good luck for your project :) [/url]

actually hybrid person, that was exactly what I wanted at first, and reading that has been interesting. I think I'll have to settle for those linx things eventually, just trying to contact these people in SA who sell their products...
Who here has something to say on which of their products would be the most ideal for the job i'm doing. I'm transmitting to a "smart" hovering craft, withing 20m of me, just to give it hints on where to go...
I also want to send to control things like lights and other little gadgets...

Clyd3 said:
actually hybrid person, that was exactly what I wanted at first, and reading that has been interesting. I think I'll have to settle for those linx things eventually, just trying to contact these people in SA who sell their products...

Different countries have different licence free specifications, so you should source them within SA - I'm presuming they will have a licence free scheme? - even the UK does, and the authorities here are VERY restrictive!.

Linx might not be available there?, but other modules should be.

rfPIC are unfocenetly not modules :cry: Thay need all sorts of external componets to work(I hate that).

This is to have 2 ICs in 1 and therfore save space.

Modules are the best way to go since you simply stick it in and you have comunication.

oh well, for now I'll just settle for the KH series, and make my craft more intelligent. Thanks everyone, you're all as helpful as ever

yeah I agree, that's why I left the microchip website... haha
well, anyway, I'm doing really simple stuff now anyway, so there's no point in complicating it with better specs...
Thanks

very good, working on titanium housings for the motors, but I'm not sure what wire to use for the windings just yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back