Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote control code grabber

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonzero

Can anyone provide the schematics and parts list for a remote control code grabber. I am fascinated by these and would like to know how they work.

I am aware that there is a schematic in the projects section but it does not deal with rolling code systems and is therefore incompatible with my car.

Any info would be appreciated - Thanks

Phasor said:
is therefore incompatible with my car.

Or perhaps incompatible with someone else's car? I think you'll find that most of us won't go near that sort of stuff.

I don't care for your insinuation. There are many projects on this board that could be deemed as grey areas. Please, if you have nothing of value to contribute then contribute nothing.

My apologies, if I caused offence - It was certainly not a personal attack on you: It's just that we have had quite a few people with an "interest" in alarms, jamming, and other 'grey' areas, and prefer not to be involved, if there is a possibility of illegal activity occuring.

For example, this post:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/a-strong-radio-signal.955/

I am aware that there is a schematic in the projects section
As for that, personally, I do not agree that it should be there, but that is not my decision.

No problem Phasor - Im interested because it amuses me that companies spend so much on R&D and all of their hard work can be undone with some parts from Maplins and a soldering iron.

Ive checked out the garage door schematic but its no good for me as noone I know has an remote door and it would be unfair to open strangers doors at random. The car grabber would be entertaining because my car has remote features - I was interested in building one to see how exactly it worked (theory is one thing but practice always hammers the point home) and if I could mess around with the tasks that were carried out.

Purchasing one of these devices is not hard, but theres no fun in that - the true joy comes from the creation, application and subsequent modification that all home electronics projects - plus a board with loads of wires and 9v battery taped to the side has more of a Doc Brown look :lol:

I highly doubt anyone would give something like this out, not in fear of what you may use it for, but posting something like that could have a followup like a visit from the FBI, Interpol, or other local law inforcement.

Something like a code grabber can easily be modified by someone with enough experience to wreak all kinds of havoc, like getting the codes for a nuclear weapon if it was used by a nuke tech who isn't getting paid enough, or breaking into high security facilities, defeating a security key on a museum, or recoding a passcode for a jail cell.

Something like the garage door hacker can't be modified too much, the most it could be modified to do is hack more numbers, or timed to do it faster, however if it's remote controlled, this isn't the case.

So it's nothing against you, so don't take it that way, it's just this kind of information is rarely shared.

Can anyone provide the schematics and parts list for a remote control code grabber. I am fascinated by these and would like to know how they work.

I am aware that there is a schematic in the projects section but it does not deal with rolling code systems and is therefore incompatible with my car.

Any info would be appreciated - Thanks

My friend, I know exactly what it is you are looking for. You need a code grabbing system that can grab rolling code signals out of the air and then retransmit them latter when you wish to do so. You need a schematic and also a parts list. I can give you such information if you would like. Write to me at jamesshoffner@hotmail.com whenever you wish to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back