Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote control by using Phase Lock Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

july_rain63

Hi! i m from thailand and i m studying electronics.now i will do my senior project. i want to do remote control by using Phase lock loop. anyone can give me idea and reference.
Thank You.
Zan.

For remote control, you need a transmitter and receiver, what does a phase lock loop do for you? A phase lock loop is useful for seperating frequencies, like a band pass filter, or for recovering a frequency that is buried in noise. If the transmitter has enough power, the signal to noise will be high and you can transmit data digitally with Manchester coding and not need any PLL.

Perhaps he may be thinking of the PLL as a tone encoder/decoder... The PLL can encode the data in the form of tones transmitted over a carrier. Then recieved and decoded by the recieving circuitry using an RF reciever and a PLL.

- Ali Sajjad

Russel, a Phase Lock Loop can be used to carry data... ie: it receives a modulated signal, and outputs a demodulated signal... basically, it can be used so nothing the receiver doesn't pick up garbage or so noone can 'spoof' the control if you will.

remote control project

i did attachment my project block diagram :idea: . pls anyone give me any idea.

thank you all of u guy for yr idea :) .
zan

remote control project

i will use PLL for clock recovery at receiver part. from the trasmitter part i will use crystal oscillator.
Do u have any idea for PLL clock recovery circuit?
Thank all of u for yr idea.
Zan.

Are you going to extract clock from the data? If so, what data encoding scheme will you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back