Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

remote car starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox98

I want to buy a remote car starter to control 2 dc motor (permanent magnet 12 VDC, 13 A continuous) CW and CCW.
Is this a good idea?
Their are 4 pins (i thinK,i don't have one in my hand) coming out from the receiver. I think the signal coming out from the receiver is momentary so i'll have to design a little circuit to overcome this.

Also, do i have to enter a code in this receiver to operate it the way i want?
If the answer is yes, how to do it?

Does anyone can help me about this?

Thanks.

A remote car starter sounds like a poor solution to that problem. They're designed to toggle a bunch of lines in succession, in a manner that really only makes sense for controlling a car... ie - powering accessory lines, then cutting them and powering the starter, waiting for the engine RPM to rise, and cutting the starter and powering the accessory line again, and things like that. Some of them may have an auxiliary output or two that you could use directly, but those might only function when the car was on. You'd have to do some research.

A good solution would be a couple microcontrollers and one of those cheap serial wireless TX/RX module pairs, but if you're not familiar with them the learning curve would probably stall you for a lot longer than you would like.

If you're looking for a more plug-and-play commercial solution like it sounds, It seems to me that you should be able to find some sort of wireless modules that give you a number of parallel digital I/O...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back