Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

relay switch required for input of 14mv (RMS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

officework13

working on a project that i need a relay switch to close the circuit for 1-2 seconds.
i have a device (clay bird thrower (CBT)) that operates on 12V.
currently to CBT motor turns the throwing arm to a certain point where it stops.
then when i push the switch (which is a simple momentary switch) the power goes to an existing relay to power the motor for 1-2 seconds bringing the arm around to a point where the spring loaded mechanism can advance on its own without the motor. I do not know the volt/amp specs that flow through the switch. i suspect this would be helpful but do not know how to measure this. if you could instruct me that would be great. it is just 2 wires and a ground.

now here is what i want to do.
i have a Nady VR-151 which is a remote audio device that can be used to speak over a speaker wireless.
i would like to utilize this so that i can go from a remote location to trigger the CBT motor based on my audio signal, but it can only go for 2 seconds max or it will recycle.

the Nady specs the audio output to be 14mv (RMS) and 600 ohm.

so my thought is to hook up the Nady output to the micro relay and to the CBT.
then when i speak loudly into the microphone it will trigger the relay and complete the circuit.

please advise if such a thing can be done and any other info you may need to assist me. thanks.

also, if need be i have a portable audio amp which i could plug the output nady 151 to with the amp output into the CBT, and the output would be much higher, but i am not certain as to what its specs are.

Are you sure about the audio output being only 14mV ? Makes no sense.
You need a plain vox circuit or tapping a squelch signal from the intercom receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back