Relay problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mw52563

Hi
I've been trying to fix a treadmill circuit board for what seems like forever.. I think it may have something to do with the relay. For some reason I'm getting a reading of 12v on both connection 1 and 2 which I assume is stopping it opening? I've posted some pictures below thanks for any help,
Regards Mike

Attachments

• IMG_20200418_115706.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20200418_113613.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 105
That might be correct, the relay may have the - switched, meaning there will be a + to it ay all times, this means a mulitimeter will read + voltage on both coil connections, this is because your meter is measruing the + supply directly on on eof the pins, and through the coil onthe other, as most meters are very sensitive.

If are reading +12 volts with respect to whatever your reference point is on both terminals 1 AND 2 of the relay then the voltage between them is zero so the contacts should be open. Confirm the test by measuring the voltage BETWEEN contacts 1 and 2. Have you confirmed thet the relay contacts have not welded together by measuring the resistance between relay connections 3 and 4 ?

Les.

take it off put signal voltage through 1 and 2 see if it clicks or you get a reading from 3 and 4 opening and closing continuity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…