Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relay problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mw52563

Hi
I've been trying to fix a treadmill circuit board for what seems like forever.. I think it may have something to do with the relay. For some reason I'm getting a reading of 12v on both connection 1 and 2 which I assume is stopping it opening? I've posted some pictures below thanks for any help,
Regards Mike

Attachments

• IMG_20200418_115706.jpg
    IMG_20200418_115706.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20200418_113613.jpg
    IMG_20200418_113613.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 101
That might be correct, the relay may have the - switched, meaning there will be a + to it ay all times, this means a mulitimeter will read + voltage on both coil connections, this is because your meter is measruing the + supply directly on on eof the pins, and through the coil onthe other, as most meters are very sensitive.

If are reading +12 volts with respect to whatever your reference point is on both terminals 1 AND 2 of the relay then the voltage between them is zero so the contacts should be open. Confirm the test by measuring the voltage BETWEEN contacts 1 and 2. Have you confirmed thet the relay contacts have not welded together by measuring the resistance between relay connections 3 and 4 ?

Les.

take it off put signal voltage through 1 and 2 see if it clicks or you get a reading from 3 and 4 opening and closing continuity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back