Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

lee9587

i have an lm741 in my project and i am wondering if i can use +9,-9 instead of the maximum rating???also i have an external -12v source and i am wondering is it as simple as using an lm7809 to bring this to -9v or would i have a problem with over heating??

thanks

i have an lm741 in my project and i am wondering if i can use +9,-9 instead of the maximum rating???also i have an external -12v source and i am wondering is it as simple as using an lm7809 to bring this to -9v or would i have a problem with over heating??

thanks

hi,:)
A 741 will work OK with +/-9V supplies.

The Vout will only swing to about +/-2.5V of the rail voltage, using +/-9V this will be approx +/-6.5V

Last edited:
The supplies don't need to be equal, so you can also run it from +9V and -12V without problem, eliminating the need the the lm7809.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back