Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reflective vs Direct Optical Sensing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony - Thanks for the info on your project. Amazing how many different ways to tackle this. If for some reason my route doesn't work outdoors, I'll definitely look into the IRDA.

MikeMl
Mike
I am not suggesting the TS uses a TX burst transmission, quite the opposite, it should be a CW pulse train for his application.
I think we have a language problem. CW implies "Continuous Wave", which to me implies that the emitter is modulated (pulsed on-off ) at 38kHz but with no breaks in the Continuous Wave. The only "break" in the IR beam as seen by the receiver is caused by an object passing through the beam and interrupting it.

[/QUOTE]It does require a burst TX, which would not be suitable for his App, IF he considered using a TSOP38 Receiver, that is why I posted the caution.
[/QUOTE]
Huh? I do not understand this sentence. Are you saying that a TSOP38 (which I cannot find a data sheet for) is somehow different than all the others in the TSOP family? The others do NOT require breaks in the transmission in order to work as a beam-break detector.

hi dkw,
How is the ball propelled thru the measuring zone.
Is it by a human or a machine.?
If a machine, is the balls trajectory known for each ball.?

It would be helpful if you could give us some background on the projects purpose.
We maybe able to suggest alternative solutions,

E

hi Mike,

Sadly this discussion is moving towards a typical social media trollish exchange.

As I am the more mature and hopefully wiser participant, I will nip this in the bud and opt out of this discussion with you now.

Regards.
Eric.

BTW:
As I have said previously, I direct my replies to the OP/TS.

If a fellow member does not agree with the content of my post or in the method I choose to interact with a TS/OP, I don't care.
I would suggest it would be more helpful, if they focused on helping OP/TS by posting their own version of a solution to the OP/TS problem, rather than quoting out of context snippets from other members posts.

E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back