Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

reference design of voltmeter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty open question. What type of voltmeter? What range of voltage? You have not provided much information in your request.

Ron

Well, lets see what Google can do...

Not difficult is it?

JimB

Attachments

• Not Difficult.PNG
    Not Difficult.PNG
    109.5 KB · Views: 296
The range of my voltmeter is 33 kv with 100 v resolution, its an ac voltmeter and i m using a microcontroller with inbuilt ADC. and a seven segment display
regards...

The range of my voltmeter is 33 kv with 100 v resolution, its an ac voltmeter and i m using a microcontroller with inbuilt ADC. and a seven segment display
regards...

If I wanted to do this I would start with a HV probe like the Fluke 80K-40. I would use strings of resistors designed for HV applications. I would read this document in detail. Once I had a divider I would find or design a signal conditioning network to get the AC to DC and scaled for a PIC or whatever. I am not suggesting you do this, merely how I might approach doing it.

You don't say much about this 33 KV and if you need to ask on something like this maybe messing with high voltage is not a good idea.

Ron

hey..

i knw thats a very high voltage range.. but for that problem i've come across that i can use a PT to reduce the voltage to approx 110 VAC which i can further pass through a series of resistors and a voltage divider ... will it be a right approach...
thanks to all of you for responding....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back