Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

reducing voltage..

Status
Not open for further replies.

manz

can i just used a voltage regulator to lower the voltage from car batt for one of my electronic stuff.

it uses 4 of AA 1.5 volt battery..can i add/use 78L05 voltage regulator for those purpose. how about the current flow? as i know car batt has quite a big current in comparisson with the AA size batt..

if posibble, can i get the simple schematic for those..if necessary, or just by adding the voltage regulator would be fine?

thanks..

4 AA baterys make up 6V but an car uses 12V

The curent the batery can suply dosent mather the curent that the device conected to it consumes maters.

I supose its an linear voltage regulator in that case it cod lower the voltage fo much les surent (since it has to get rid of 6 more volts)

Your device may not work off of 5v when it's made for 6v. There are 6v regs out there but they're quite uncommon, the best solution is an adjustable regulator like the LM317.

hmm so what i can see here is that if i just lowered the voltage using the voltage regulator it would be just fine to the device.. there`s nothing to worry about the current that the batt (car) supplied would damage the device isn`t it?

thanks guys..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back