Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

reduced voltage motor controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphacat

Hey guys,
I found this schematic of reduced voltage motor controller, for 3-phase motor.

Could this circuit work for 1 phase motor?

Thank you.

PDF file attached.

Attachments

• 4404511[1].pdf
    222.3 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
I dont see why not. single phase is just 1/3 of three phase. Just use one of the output circuit Assemblies.
Due to the higher inrush current single phase motors have design the power handling circuit to support at least 10K the average motor running current.

Thanks, that is very cheering :)

--
I noticed that neither in the schematic, nor in the attached app. note, there are values of the drawn components.
Is it common that a schematic is given with no componetns values?
I wonder, how should i know what value of resistors, capacitors, etc. to select?

Last edited:
What typically happens is over the several dozen copies of the original it was handled by one or more people with no electronics knowledge that have no idea what the values sheet is and thusly deleted it.
The description and diagram stay mostly intact but the components values reference gets lost. You pretty much out of luck without it.

If you have ever read those alternative energy secrets reveled or like books or reference sites they are also full of incomplete schematics, schematics without descriptions, schematics without part value references, and incomplete or inaccurate descriptive text.

I get the impression this likely came from one of them.

The document you attached is for a patent. Patents generally just show a general design approach to perform some function. Thus it's not unusual that the schematic has no values. If you want the values, you'll likely have to calculate them yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back