Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rechargeable AA Energizer battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Souper man

I am a little confused, although the answer may be simple:

Is a AA rechargeable Energizer green battery have 2.5 amps? this seems like alot please help me out

2.5 amp-hrs is a reasonable capacity expectation for a rechargeable AA.

That means it can put out half an amp for 5 hrs, or one amp for 2.5 hrs.

Since you are talking about an Energizer battery then why not see its datasheet on Energizer's website?
It works pretty well with a current up to 2.5A but is not so good at 5A.

Attachments

• AA Ni-MH cell.PNG
    AA Ni-MH cell.PNG
    49.8 KB · Views: 152
Ok let me get this straight:

My robot that I am using it for (A line following robot called linebot, which is a original name i know) uses about 200mA. So, could I run my 9.6 volt (1.2 x 8 = 9.6) 20 aH (2.5 x 8 = 20) Battery pack for 100 hours? Wouldnt it just use all 20 amps, or would it use the mA it needs?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you use 2500mA cells in series, then the battery has a 2500mAh rating.
At 200mA the battery will last for 2500/200= 12.5 hours.

A circuit takes only as much current as it needs. Your robot will use a low current when it is stopped and will use a high current when it is accellerating up a hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back