Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reballing stencil too small for reballing station what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serge 125

Hi all!!

Ok I ordered a stencil to reball a chip and in the same time I ordered a reballing station on Amazon and now I see that I can't use my station cause my stencil is way too small so how can I reball now? Here's a pic of the station and the stencil in question. Thanks for any advice on this!

Serge

Attachments

• IMG_1990.jpeg
    IMG_1990.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 170
Never done anything like that, but I would suspect, fairly obviously, you need to get them both the correct size - unless you can get some kind of adaptor?. Have you investigated sourcing a stencil to fit your station?, or a station to fit your stencil?.

Never done anything like that, but I would suspect, fairly obviously, you need to get them both the correct size - unless you can get some kind of adaptor?. Have you investigated sourcing a stencil to fit your station?, or a station to fit your stencil?.
I thought that the stencil was a standard size that would fit a standard station but it doesn't like it is. On Amazon I didn't see anything that would say smaller size station.

I thought that the stencil was a standard size that would fit a standard station but it doesn't like it is. On Amazon I didn't see anything that would say smaller size station.
That is not the right stencil for this device. I'm not sure what that tiny stencil even goes to. Probably meant to be used by hand with solder paste, but that's a rather big chip to try and use paste with.

For the device you have, you need the large stencils (90x90mm) that fill the whole device. Its meant to dump in a bunch of solder balls that you can distribute around to fill up each space quickly and then clean out the left over. The way you have it set up is the same as doing it by hand cause the solder balls would drop out and fall everywhere. The legs should be holding a chip not the stencil.

Attachments

• bga.jpg
    bga.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back