Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reason for erase to stop working on AT89S52

Status
Not open for further replies.

mik3ca

I can't figure it out. For about a week I used the exact same software and exact same computer to program AT89S52 chips via parallel port and everything was fine until now where I plugged in a brand new unprogrammed chip into my programmer and did the same operations as I did with the other chips.

Now the problem is when i validated that space is erased, validation does not go past random percentages.

I double-checked for loose cabling but that didnt solve the issue.

I'm starting to blame my computer. As soon as I globally disabled ACPI in the linux kernel, everything worked faster and so did my programmer. Only caveat I have to deal with is that my computer wont automatically shut off when its time to shutdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back