rear view camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

akramer08

I had an idea for a new project. I want to install a backup camera on car but I want to actually make it not buy it. It sounds like a simple project, but Im not incredibly familiar with electronics.

I want three cameras in my car; one pointing straight back, one to the left, and one to the right. I dont need anything to record, just a live view. If possible, I want all 3 images on one screen; either all in a horizontal row or in a pyramid. If all 3 on one screen is not possible, 3 screens is ok.

If anything I said isnt very clear just let me know and Ill see if I can explain my idea a little better. Thanks for any help in advance.

For my back up camera on my big truck:
I used a "board camera" because the price is good and the size is good. $20.00 US
Running the coax wire was hard but.....
In the cab I used a hand held TV from the second hand store. $5.00

I don't have a good way to get three pictures at the same tine. I do have a security TV system at home that will put 4 pictures up at the same time. $300.00 US for the box.

I have never seen a three way screen splitter.
I cant even find much DIY screen splitter info on the web.

It may be possible to get a 3 way picture using a raspberry pie computer and three USB cameras.
I think the picture update rate will be SLOW. Maybe 5 frames/second. Might not look good with all the motion of a car.
Set the cameras for low resolution!

raspberry pie= not a simple project.

If its not very common to see 3 images on 1 screen, Im very open to using 3 smaller screen, each just running a live view of the dedicated cameras.

To get 3 pictures in one you need some real computing power.
raspberry pie
This can not be done with simple analog circuits.

Whats the easiest way to get just one lcd and a live feed from the lens? Would it be best to use an arduino?

Whats the easiest way to get just one lcd and a live feed from the lens? Would it be best to use an arduino?
One camera: You don't need to go digital for one camera.
and
I don't see the arduino is big enough to process video. There are many different sizes of arduino.
I used a "board camera" because the price is good and the size is good. $20.00 US
Running the coax wire was hard but.....
In the cab I used a hand held TV from the second hand store. $5.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…