Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rear Fog Light Blinker Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBRich

Hello everyone, I have an idea for an electronics project and figured I would come to the experts here for advice. I located this forum through a simple Google search and it looks like the place for help. Here it is.

This is the setup I plan to use for a rear fog light on my car. Let me know if this just plain won't work as I expect it to and why or if this can be simplified while retaining all functions I have designed. This should cause toggle or brake to result in a solid fog. Reverse to result in a flashing fog. Reverse with either toggle or brake on flashing (priority given to reverse). Thanks for the help guys.

Sample Parts:

3 Pin Electronic LED Flasher: Virtual Village - US
**broken link removed**
1N4001 Micro 1A Diodes - RadioShack.com

**broken link removed**

I think he wants other drivers to see his car stopped in the middle of the road when it is foggy.

Toggle is just a switch so I can manually cut the light on if necessary. Otherwise I want it to flash when I reverse (terrible blind spots) and illuminate when stopping (keep the chance of a rear end down).

I'd rather not get into a should or shouldn't I do this type thing, but rather a will this actually work type thing. I'd appreciate the help.

I don't think it'll work. It's difficult to say with certainty because I'm not sure how the flasher will behave. If it's the flasher unit I'm familiar with, it requires 42 W of load for it to flash properly, it looks like you are only driving a relay with it.

I'm puzzled why you think the fog light ought to flash while reversing, rather than to be on solid. I often use fog light to supplement the reversing light, but that's because the reverse lights are not very bright on my car.

I think the blinking will bring more attention.

As for the flasher the one I have listed is designed for to work under no load/low load conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back