Rear Fog Light Blinker Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBRich

Hello everyone, I have an idea for an electronics project and figured I would come to the experts here for advice. I located this forum through a simple Google search and it looks like the place for help. Here it is.

This is the setup I plan to use for a rear fog light on my car. Let me know if this just plain won't work as I expect it to and why or if this can be simplified while retaining all functions I have designed. This should cause toggle or brake to result in a solid fog. Reverse to result in a flashing fog. Reverse with either toggle or brake on flashing (priority given to reverse). Thanks for the help guys.

Sample Parts:

3 Pin Electronic LED Flasher: Virtual Village - US
**broken link removed**
1N4001 Micro 1A Diodes - RadioShack.com

**broken link removed**

I think he wants other drivers to see his car stopped in the middle of the road when it is foggy.

Toggle is just a switch so I can manually cut the light on if necessary. Otherwise I want it to flash when I reverse (terrible blind spots) and illuminate when stopping (keep the chance of a rear end down).

I'd rather not get into a should or shouldn't I do this type thing, but rather a will this actually work type thing. I'd appreciate the help.

I don't think it'll work. It's difficult to say with certainty because I'm not sure how the flasher will behave. If it's the flasher unit I'm familiar with, it requires 42 W of load for it to flash properly, it looks like you are only driving a relay with it.

I'm puzzled why you think the fog light ought to flash while reversing, rather than to be on solid. I often use fog light to supplement the reversing light, but that's because the reverse lights are not very bright on my car.

I think the blinking will bring more attention.

As for the flasher the one I have listed is designed for to work under no load/low load conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…