Really basic electeonics

Yugguy

Hi, I am a new member of fifteen minutes ago. I want to submit a problem that I have and please let me know if I am at the wrong place. I play guitar and used 2 amps. To be quiet, I play with my headphones. I made a very simple foot switch (copied one I had) to select the sound output, so I toggle from one amp to the other. Now, I would like to add leds so that visually I know which amp I am using. The leds need 2-3 volts of power and it seems that the output generated by the sound is lest than that. I need to install a power supply (2 AAA batteries) but I do not know how. Can someone help me please? I have included a design of my pedal. Thank you very much for your help. Have a nice dy

Attachments

• IMG_1873.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 118
Welcome.
Assuming you are listening monophonic, The selector you are using is a (six pin) double-pole-double-throw DPDT that each 'pole' routes amplifier 1 or amplifier 2 towards the headphones.
That is, centre pin to headphones, one end to amplifier 1 and the other end of the same switch section to amplifier 2 output.

IGNORE the triangles and their lines above - image borrowed from the web.
Circuit should be altered to :

NC1 and NO1 are your amplifiers outputs 1 and 2 positives. Com1 is your earphone positive.

NC2 to LED1 one; NO2 to your LED2. Com2 to +3V. All negative common grounds together for earphone, amplifiers outputs and LEDs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can be done also by replacing your 6 pin selector a with a 9 pin one that has an extra set of switches 3PDT triple-pole-double-throw for the extra set to drive the leds, plus, the 3V supply for them to lit.

Attachments

• 1690843834589.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 1690843860326.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Hi.
I do not know of stereophonic guitars. Each of your amplifiers should be monophonic. Using stereo connectors do not make a signal stereo. Perhaps binaural.
Headphones if stereo, can have both channels connected-merged at their jack for your single channel signal.
Then, from post #2 above, Com1 goes to both L+ and R+ merged headphone wires.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…