Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ready to get pcb made! but what is the best way to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AXmichigan

hey all
so i designed my circuit with pspice already (thanks for all the help! :D )
now i want to have it on a pcb board..how should i do it?
i do not want to build the pcb myself, i would like (in all preferability) to design it as a schematic, make it on a pcb, then have some put the parts (I already bought), on it.

how should i go about doing it?
i am located in washington, dc
and only want ~5 boards that are not very complex (~3"x3" with only a handful of parts)
ive done a design on pcb artist for it.. but havent finalized it as i am not sure what the best way to do it is..

thanks!

There are some companies that integrate the process of ordering a pcb with a layout program. Such a thing might be the easiest way for you to do this project.

One example is ExpressPCB.com. In order for them to make your board, you download their layout software, design the pcb with it and then there is a pulldown menu in the pcb software for getting a manufacturing quote and then for actually ordering the boards. It is quite simple. Happily, their program is also quite easy to use.

I have not used PCB Artist but I understand that it is similar in concept to ExpressPCB except it interfaces with Advanced Circuits for PCB manufacture.

Hi AXmichigan,

here's an easy and free way getting a PCB design done.

Send the schematic (including your parts list (of what parts and size you have so far)) and I'll do the PCB design for you.

Boncuk

Last edited:
hey sorry for the delay
@boncuk, are you located in the US? I do not know about how safe it would be to get something from Thailand..

Now I was wondering
I have already designed the circuitry in Orcad PSPICE, and I know they have a simple converter to make it become a PCB which I could use

rather than using a different companies software and redesign the whole thing
is there a place that can just use the orcard pspice pcb design?
thanks!

Hi AXmichigan,

I'm located in Thailand, and I don't see any problem sending you an Eagle board file via email.

Most PCB manufacturers accept board files of commonly known layout editors such as Eagle.

If you send me a copy of your schematic and a bill of material (including part manufacturing names or descriptions, e.g. HCF4017 and pushbutton type and manfucturer) I'll do the PCB layout for you.

Boncuk

BTW, I'm German, just happen to live in Thailand.

hey boncuk,
that sounds great but is a little more complicated than i would want to go
thank you for the offer though :)

you seem very resourceful though
any idea about how to go about doing it here in the US?
i am just using pcb artist and can have them make it for ~$33 per board i believe

any idea how/where to get it assembled?
i found one place for ~$430 for all 5 boards i need, and i think its a little bit unnecessary!

thanks!

Hi AXmichigan,

I don't really understand what should be complicated.

This is the way from start to the final PCB:

A) You send me your schematic and BOM via email.
B) I'll port the schematic into Eagle and design a PCB layout
C) send the layout to you via email (if you don't have a copy of Eagle you can download Eagle light (free) at CadSoft Online: EAGLE Layout Editor)
D) you check the PCB and mail me possible changes (e.g. controls and switch locations)
E) redesign the layout and resending for a second check
F) repeat D and E until the PCB is according to your desire (requirements)
G) send the final design which you turn in to a PCB manufacturer
H) populate the PCB yourself and/or have a friend assisting you.

Is that too complicated?

I wouldn't even think of having a company populating five PCBs for me at this astronomical high price.

For 430US$ you can buy a pretty good second hand car. I bought my last one (Chevy Impala) in California for US$ 20 for a trip to Homestead AFB, FLorida, where I sold it for 10US$.

Boncuk

hey all
so i designed my circuit with pspice already (thanks for all the help! :D )
now i want to have it on a pcb board..how should i do it?
i do not want to build the pcb myself, i would like (in all preferability) to design it as a schematic, make it on a pcb, then have some put the parts (I already bought), on it.

how should i go about doing it?
i am located in washington, dc
and only want ~5 boards that are not very complex (~3"x3" with only a handful of parts)
ive done a design on pcb artist for it.. but haven't finalized it as i am not sure what the best way to do it is..

thanks!

You can get 6ea double sided boards from ExpressPBC in 3 working days for $121.70. (plated without silk screen)

If the boards have only a hand full of parts it might be worth it to redraw with their program.

Granted the size must be smaller than 2.5" x 3.75"
but that is close to the 9" square inches you specified.

I have used this service many times. Their quality and service is outstanding.

Last edited:
@boncuk thanks for the loving words, appreciate it! :)

@rolf - thanks for the link! i checked them out and thought it might now work, but then now thinking about, think it might be okay. Especially with 3 boards at $55!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back