Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reading electricity meter IR impulses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the photo transistors with a IR filter. They are not clear but black. This blocks the visible light. Really helps.
Thats the first step for filtering IR, but the sun puts out lots of energy in the passband of an IR filter.

Today I decided to try with the way you guys said (a resistor between collector and 5v and the emitter to GND) but in a darlington connection with a transistor. I used a 10k resistor and..... WORKED FROM FIRST TRY! HURRAY!

I wasn't able to test in daylight. I'll find some kind of IR filter somewhere to put over the phototransistor.

Here it is: https://i.imgur.com/0zhbN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back