Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reading between ADC0804 with PIC16F84A?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amady

I want to do a temperature sensor project. I using LM35DZ which is analog reading. so to convert the analog to digital i was found that the ADC0804 is suitable for this case... so how i want to read ADC0804 output from PIC16F84A?? Maybe has some website will introduce to me?

TQ

amady said:
I want to do a temperature sensor project. I using LM35DZ which is analog reading. so to convert the analog to digital i was found that the ADC0804 is suitable for this case... so how i want to read ADC0804 output from PIC16F84A?? Maybe has some website will introduce to me?

It's not something I've ever done, but it's usually a simple syncronous serial protocol and quite straight forward - the ADC0804 datasheet should give details. But if you do a web search you may well find existing code.

However, it seems a pretty pointless exercise in the 21st century, why not choose a current PIC rather than an obselete one?. The 16F819 is essentially a 16F628 with a ten bit A2D - do the job for less money and with fewer parts?.

The 16F819 is essentially a 16F628 with a ten bit A2D

I was has both PIC, so how i want to implement the conversion from analog to digital? can you give some code example :lol: . Example: if my temperature is reading 10oCelcius (b'00000001') how i want to get the reading from PIC? All the pin I/O (such as: PortB (8 I/O)) must to be use? :roll:

or

On your tutorial has all this thing? if has, which tutoarial that you was done?

TQ :oops:

amady said:
The 16F819 is essentially a 16F628 with a ten bit A2D

I was has both PIC, so how i want to implement the conversion from analog to digital? can you give some code example :lol: . Example: if my temperature is reading 10oCelcius (b'00000001') how i want to get the reading from PIC? All the pin I/O (such as: PortB (8 I/O)) must to be use? :roll:

My analogue tutorial shows how to use the A2D converter, it's based on the 16F876/7, but the code requires almost no changes for the 16F819.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back