Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reading and writing rs232 text into a Win7 window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosaic

Hi all
Regarding using a uC to communicate with a windows PC, I was wondering whether a scripting language like AutoIt or AutohotKey is a reasonable approach to read from and write RS232 ASCII into a text window?Hardware = Serial over PL2303 USB.
So if I type some text it can be transmitted to the uC which can do its thing and tx a reply back into the text window. Basically make the text application into a type of Terminal prg.

Any resource links or sample source to study would be helpful...

I would recommend Advanced Serial Data Logger software + "Send keystrokes" plugin. This combination can work as you described.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back