Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Read LCD display

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is also handy to use a colon on a label.
e.g. PutCmd:
If doing a search for a routine.
Max.

Hola Max,

I am aware of the colon on a label but I never used it. Do you? Always?

Now that I think of it, I never experienced problems in browsing for labels.

------------------------------

Labels.png

@Agustin
That is probably because you, I, and many others put labels on a separate line. Every recent Microchip also seems to do that. For those with bad eyes, I find the colon and semicolon sometimes hard to distinguish.

John

@Agustin
That is probably because you, I, and many others put labels on a separate line. Every recent Microchip also seems to do that. For those with bad eyes, I find the colon and semicolon sometimes hard to distinguish. John

Yes; I've discarded its use when starting more than 30 years ago. Separate labels jointly with a meager indent of code (just 2 spaces as shown above) do allow long comments up to a max of 80 columns which I respect religiously (so, if I happen to read a .list file I hardly run across strange wrapping lines).

I am working on a project for school. Using a keypad I have set "1" key to display my name. When I press the "*" key, I want to read what's on the LCD and compare it to data stored on the PIC18f4520. Go to the next line and translate it to Japanese. The only problem I am having is getting the PIC to read from the LCD. I am working in Assmebly. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hola Zachary,

Have you ever read the manual of any display? In the complete ones, that operation, just one of the so many, is explained as the rest. I even recall a flow diagram showing the basics.

Hola Max,

I am aware of the colon on a label but I never used it. Do you? Always?

Now that I think of it, I never experienced problems in browsing for labels.

Hola Augustin,
I also use a separate line for labels, but in programs where the label is called often as in a sub-routine, If you do a search for the label, all the calls to it also come up, instead of going directly to the label itself.
And yes I use it always, out of habit from my 8080 days.;)
I also use lower case for all instruction/mnemonics
Max.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back