Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Re-purposing ideas for smoke detectors circuitry ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Externet

Hi.
They are supposed to have very high gain amplifiers; can heart beating, respiration be monitored somehow using a canibalized one ?
What about a hyper sensitive microphone for listening to termites chewing:rolleyes:, checking purity of water for particles/microorganisms in suspension, geolistening, ...
What do you know about them and applicable uses ?
Someone wanted to make a geiger counter... would it work ?

Just opamps, use an opamp or two - nothing special about them. Historically there were a number of projects in magazines for making your own, as far as I'm aware you can still buy the individual sensors.

There's a simple one here:

Re-purposing ideas for smoke detectors

1627239510891.png

I have never copied a .GIF before. Maybe it will work.
----edited-----
Thought it might work but no. Target practice.

as far as I'm aware you can still buy the individual sensors.
as long as you don't buy too many of them... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hahn apparently he used the americium from a lot of smoke detectors to make a neutron source, with the goal of making a working "backyard" breeder reactor... just a neutron source alone can be a safety hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back