Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Re-purpose a Nissan/Bosch ESP sensor

Grossel

I have dismounted an ESP sensor (Bosch AL700) from an Nissan T30 (x-trail) from 2001. I wonder if it is possible to re-purpose it for some other projects. The problem I face is that neither google nor other search engines provide any technical info about this device. Even color codes of wires (Nissan proprietorially) nor any examples seems to exist on the open web.

The problem I face now is that I have no starting point. That is - cannot even find what pins are supposed to be connected to gnd/vcc. Knowing what is gnd/vcc will provide the most help, because I think that I'll be able to guess the other pins by testing.

This is what I do know about the device:
  • 6 wires. All same type (somewhere in ballpark of 35mm²)
  • All wires are bundled straight (i.e. no twisted pairs, so probably no canbus-like communication)
  • For Nissan color code (doesn't know if this matter) ; All 6 wires have grey marks, separated by ~ 1 inch between each marks.
All relevant test found on labels - in no particular order:
BOSCH
0 265 005 254
0012561 01300

47931 AL700
DON'T DROP
PBT-GF30
PUR,IIR,PA66

50089051 (bar code)

1 275 100 361

In attached drawing - I draw up color of the wires together with pin number of the connector (my number count, there is no visible digits printed on it).
wire-colors.png

[edit]
I've also found a simple set of terminal clamps (just to make it easier to "walk" the multimeter probe between different wires and reduce likelyhood of bad measurements due to bad contact).
I can only say, I did hope to figure out what I should suspect being terminals for power supply. But none of the pairs stands out as obvious candidates for being the terminal for power suply.
Anyway - I uploads the results as a pdf file. Maybe I do the same for capacitance measurements, but I don't expect it to bring me any closer to answer.

Attachments

• basic-measurement-matrix.pdf
    34.7 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Thanks a lot - that seems to be the same as the one I have :cool:

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back