Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RCA 32" Television 32V434T - Need Help Repairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFixIt

Hi,

First I want to say thanks for those who helped me troubleshoot and get the Curtis Mathes stereo receiver going.

Now I have a 32" RCA Television - Model #32V434T that has a red blinking light with no picture. The red light in the front will blink about 20-25 times and then go solid. When I plug in the TV I here a click and then another click. I then press the power button and I hear another click. The click sounds like a relay. I don't believe that it is charging the tube.

I ordered a High Voltage Flyback Transformer and Horizontal Output Transistor, thinking that was the issue. I removed the board from the tv, being cautious taking a screw driver and a jumper to discharge the tube. I didnt get a spark or any noise when attempting to discharge the tube. I de-soldered the flyback and also the horizontal output transistor and installed the new ones. I pluged the tv in and heard a single click and tried to press power and nothing happened.. No Red light or anything. I left the tv pluged in for about 2 minutes and I finally heard another click. I pressed the power button and I get the same flashing red light. After replacing with the new parts the TV takes longer to click the second time.

What should I check now?

I can upload pics, videos, or whatever else you need. I have a digital multi-meter.

Thank you for your help in advance.

you need to remove the supply to the line output stage,load the smps with a lamp(40w 240v)connected to the ht smoothing capacitor on the secondary of your smps.if you then switch the set on with the line stage isolated(remove the line output tx and or the line output transistor)and the bulb lights you can check the ht is correct and within limits...also check all other lv supplies are present too... the fault may then be in the line output stage of your set if the smps is working.
if it doesent produce any ht on the secondary of your smps you need to check for faulty parts (sc diodes etc)on the primary side as well as the secondary side of the powersupply.
before connecting any test equipment (scope etc)use an isolation transformer to power the set with......

Last edited:
I found the training manual with schematics (attatched).

Attachments

• ATC010_Training_Manual[1].pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 986
I found the training manual with schematics (attatched).

I measured voltages by placing the ground from my multimeter to the ground strap that goes around the Tube.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

if you are measuring voltages on the secondary side your black meter lead(-lead)can be connected here as long as the dag earth is grounded-if you are measuring voltages on the primary side of the smps your ground lead(black meter lead)should be connected to primary side ground or all meter readings are meaningless......did you load the ht supply with a lamp and remove the lopt or line output transistor???
you need to verify the powersupply is working on its own without the line stage connected before you can go checking other sections of the set....for example you may have a field fault causing set shutdown......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back