Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RC toy car motor speed reduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

skmdmasud

Hi..
i bought a wltoys 959B rc which can go up 70Km/h speed, which is good. It has a brushed 540 motor and 7.4v lipo battery. With this setup the RC is too difficullt to control specially for my kid.
I want to reduce the motor speed to half so that it becomes more stable and easy to play with. Can any one suggest how this can be done easily.

Regards.

The toy car is only going to reach a particular speed based upon how far the trigger is pulled.
So, you can limit the trigger range of movement mechanically, by fitting a stop.
Or you can trick the transmitter into seeing a value which is less than the full range, but that involves opening it and seeing if a resistor can be added to the throttle potentiometer.

This is assuming that there are no limit trim-pots on the transmitter itself?

The toy car is only going to reach a particular speed based upon how far the trigger is pulled.
So, you can limit the trigger range of movement mechanically, by fitting a stop.
Or you can trick the transmitter into seeing a value which is less than the full range, but that involves opening it and seeing if a resistor can be added to the throttle potentiometer.

This is assuming that there are no limit trim-pots on the transmitter itself?
if i add a resistor in series with the motor it should slow it down, or will it burn the control circuit?

Is the speed controller electronic. Some early R/C cars had mechanical speed controllers driven by a servo.

A resistor will probably work but will have to be very high wattage.

Mike.

Is the speed controller electronic. Some early R/C cars had mechanical speed controllers driven by a servo.

A resistor will probably work but will have to be very high wattage.

Mike.
Speed controller is electrical with 4 fets/trans visible and becomes very hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back