RC Cable-Camera Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomnugent

I'm currently in the process of making a cable camera rig for filming. The thing is I need to make it wireless controlled. I have a 2 channel RC kit with 2x 2-directional servos that I was thinking I could use for this. (they might not even be useful for this though since they're on 2DR)

My main focus for now is to figure out a way to control the speed and direction of the rig VIA one servo. I'm not sure what might be out there that I could use in conjunction with my servo, or even if the servo I have in my possession will work for this, but so far I was thinking if I rig something like a dimmer switch to the servo I could control the speed of an electric motor (see below for image of servo). The main thing that I don't like about this idea is that the direction wouldn't be able to be controlled, only the speed. I also know that this is a very Mickey Mouse approach to such a task and that there must be a million better ways to control this. Not to mention it would be a very size consuming approach and I'm hoping to have the rig a relatively compact size.

With that said I was wondering if anyone out there had any suggestions for this.

Thanks so much for your time.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…