Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RC Cable-Camera Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomnugent

I'm currently in the process of making a cable camera rig for filming. The thing is I need to make it wireless controlled. I have a 2 channel RC kit with 2x 2-directional servos that I was thinking I could use for this. (they might not even be useful for this though since they're on 2DR)

My main focus for now is to figure out a way to control the speed and direction of the rig VIA one servo. I'm not sure what might be out there that I could use in conjunction with my servo, or even if the servo I have in my possession will work for this, but so far I was thinking if I rig something like a dimmer switch to the servo I could control the speed of an electric motor (see below for image of servo). The main thing that I don't like about this idea is that the direction wouldn't be able to be controlled, only the speed. I also know that this is a very Mickey Mouse approach to such a task and that there must be a million better ways to control this. Not to mention it would be a very size consuming approach and I'm hoping to have the rig a relatively compact size.

With that said I was wondering if anyone out there had any suggestions for this.

Thanks so much for your time.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back