Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

random sound byte player design help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nando_Kommando

I took two years of electronics in high school (6 years ago) so I have a basic knowledge of electronics, nothing too fancy though. I just started college, going for a BA in EE, so I'm wanting to get back into it all. I'm currently taking my general courses, nothing technical. I'd like to design a project but need some help, well a lot of help actually. I'm looking to make a small circuit that will play a sound byte at random from a population of about 10 sounds every time a switch is pushed.
Could anyone draw a schematic up for this real quick? I'd like to put it together on a breadboard and post pics of this project. Any help at all would be great!

Last edited:
If you can get access to an ISD chip (e.g. ISD1416), they can record and playback messages. If you can get one, then the random message can be selected by enabling an oscillator (e.g a 555 timer IC, enabled through pin 4, switch to 5V pulled-down with a resistor) while the switch is held down to fast forward through the messages (A0 function). The switch should also be connected to the /PLAYE input of the ISD1416 so that when the switch is released, the playback will commence.

Anything smaller? I don't need the microphone. I'm looking for a chip i can program with the required sound bytes. Think about those musical birthday cards, that's the small i'm talking about.

Last edited:
So by sound bytes you mean tunes? You can do that with a small microcontroller e.g. pic12F series. I don't know of any premade chips for playing music or voice (of course they exist).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back