Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

random number generator help

Status
Not open for further replies.

themikestar

i have successfully build this "random number generator" http://www.ljgroup.com/techsupport/c_support/curric_update/product/scantek/st140/us/1403_ds11.pdf
it uses a 555 timer a 4029 ad 4511 ic. I want to add switch so instead of it choosing a number between 0 and 9 i can flick the switch and it will only pick a number between
0 and 4. The 4029 ic simply counts from 0 - 9 , so i basically want it reset when it hits 5. if it was a 4017 ic i would simply link output 5 to the reset leg. how can i do this with the 4029 ic ???.

See the schematic below.

Attachments

• NAND.gif
    NAND.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 1,210
thats a bit more confusing than i expected, below is a pic of the 4023 chip, is this what you mean ??.
thanks

Attachments

• 4023.JPG
    4023.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 1,201
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back