Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rail-rail opamp output

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styx

The LM7171 opamp meets nearly all my requiremnts. But it is not rail-rail.

In my cct the LM7171 feeds a push-pull (to up output power capability) but the LM7171 is not rail-rail.

Is there anyway to make it get to +15V via utilising the push-pull additional cct?

What are your requirements?

You may try TLC2272 ( www.ti.com ) rail-to-rail op-amp if it suits your requirement.

kinjalgp said:
What are your requirements?

You may try TLC2272 ( www.ti.com ) rail-to-rail op-amp if it suits your requirement.

well my requirement is fast. as fast as possible (LM7171 excelent for that) but most importantly very high slew rate and also mil temp range - ill cheack out the opamp tho cheers

Rail-to-rail Op Amps

I don't know all the specs of the op amps being mentioned, but before you spend some money on them, watch out that you match the op amp with your intended need. Not all "rail-to-rail" op amps are the same. Some of them are r-t-r on the output only and not on the input, meaning that you can drive the output to the rails with a lower input signal and a higher gain, but you may not be able to drive the inputs near the rails in a unity-gain situation without causing some input clamping.

Dean

chears all. I'm gonna stick with the LM7171 (its charactersitics are too good for my needs)

I am gonna wrap around the output and the feedback a BJT push-pull stage to up the output current capability. This will give a max output of abt +/-13V so the output of the push-pull will be ~ +/-13V this is to feed a push-pull FET pair and I need to see if the top FET (n-type) will staurate at 13V the Vth is 7V so it should be fine

fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back