RadioShack Messed Up Big Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Radio Shack doesn't need to be a parts store anymore since there aren't as many circuit builders out here anymore like there used to be. Take a look at most projects today. They require a good deal of attnetion to even make a tightly packed PCB... and even double-sided! "The sum of the parts is greater than the whole" and with hobby circuits that's very true. How many times on this board have I mentioned that it's cheaper, easier, and faster to buy a ready-made and tested circuit. Unless one is bent to build and learn from their own trial and error experiences, you open up a catalog and there is the circuit or kit ready for purchase. Circuit constructors like us have to rely on mail-order houses for a good many parts. It's a sad day when I walk into a parts store and their bright white LED sells for near $5 a piece.... when I can phone in an order for a 1w Luxeon Star LED, add a few more parts to the order to make it worth my while, pay by credit card ands the order arrives within a week or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…