Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

radio waves on an oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapi

Hi guys.

I can view the waves from my transmitter on the scope, inc frequency, when the scope's probe is really close to the transmitter (up to 20'). But how can I do it from 20 miles? Is there any way to get a reading of the rf from a receiver? maybe using a bandpass filter?

I need to have it exactly like the probe, ie that when I start the transmission I will see the waves on the scope, and when I end it, the waves will disappear.

Any ideas how to do it?

Thanks.

Depends a bit on what frequency your transmitting on?

Hook the scope probe to an IF stage in a superheterodyne receiver tuned to your transmitter.

Thank you for the reply.

For an experiment in physics, I am trying to measure the arrival time of a particular signal to 2 channels on a scope from as far as possible with a nanoseconds accuracy. I've done it with a modulated signal for a short distance (up to 1 km). see:

But I need much larger distance. The ideal situation will be measuring an rf from a satellite's beacon, or maybe wwv.

Are you reinventing the aeronautical RADAR system, the GPS system, or maybe the LORAN system? Read up on both an learn how it was done with those systems. They all use either phase of a continuous wave, or time-of-flight of radio waves.

The ideal situation will be measuring an rf from a satellite's beacon, or maybe wwv.
But would you use for time zero reference to measure the delay against?

The experiment is in speed of light variations. channel 1 is the zero reference. the probe on channel 2 is handled with additional equipment.

I was able to see the carrier wave of a distanced am station with a crystal radio.

Crystal radio is the ideal choice for the experiment since it has very little components.

Any one has an idea how to get or built a crystal radio with a defined frequency, 423mhz for example, with a single solid capacitor?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back