Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radio Threads..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

transistor495

Forum Supporter
**broken link removed**

Since quite a long time I've been noticing that our favourite radio/fm threads are completely disappeared. Where are the people who made some bad smelling fm transmitters on breadboards/pcbs ? Where went AM radio circuit guys?

Now it's completely changed comparing to when I was here 3 years or so before. This completely devastated posters like me..Any thoughts radio/audio guys..when did we move to the next generation? Excuse me for the nonsense post..but it's bit paining. Am I still living in Marconi's age:)

Ah..finally where did mstechca go..? ;)

Cute cartoon. :)

I believe for the better part (this being my take with me being relatively new here) the forums in general place a focus on electronics with the regular members focused on answering new questions by new members. Unfortunately new members seldom if ever ask, how to build a Cat's-whisker detector radio. Unfortunately there just does not seem to be much demand with radio questions anymore. Short of ham enthusiast people just don't seem to build radios like they once did. Even ham radio enthusiast and short wave listeners seem to gravitate to off the shelf buying. If you were living in the golden age of radio people would be winding coils and building radios. :)

Just My Take
Ron

MStechCA worked for years on a lousy super-regen "radio". It picked up a very powerful TV station's sound but the transmitter was very close to him. Now the TV station transmits digitally so his "radio" won't pick it up anymore.

Look in Google for a few lousy super-regen "radio" projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back