Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the attraction to old threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning in another forum. The thread was not real old but the thread title was:
How do i increase the frequency range of a radio ( receiver )

Here is this mornings reply:
"The measure of flavor that curry has relies upon what spices are incorporated. Many curry powder formulas call for cayenne powder, which contains capsaicin and can be very red hot".

I removed the link in the word "spices".

Ron
yeah, that sounds like it's right on topic... for a spammer... i still get a chuckle out of search results that offer to sell you whatever the subject of your search is, usually from amazon. search term "unrestricted submarine warfare in WWII".... search result "buy unrestricted submarine warfare in WWII now"

back in 2011/2012 when i was originally active on this forum, i had a couple of "awards" i would post on threads that deserved it, such as the "Marvin the Martian 'I'm going to blow up the earth, it obstructs my view of Venus'" award, which was for threads where somebody was wanting to build a jammer, or some kind of gadget to mess with their neighbors, usually of the "i want to use a microwave oven magnetron to blow up my neighbor's stereo system because they play their music too loud" variety, or the "Wile E. Coyote Super Genius" award for threads where the goal was to construct something like a 5KW power inverter, or something unsafe like running a project off of a capacitive AC divider (running almost anything directly from wall current with no isolation is usually a very bad idea). more recently, i came up with an "award" for "exhuming" dead threads:
View attachment 114473
the Victor Frankenstein (that's Frankensteen) Reanimated Dead Thread Award.
Uh Oh, I am having some pangs of guilt. Thinking it was December of '62. The neighbor kids got a set of CB Walkie Talkies and were out on the street playing with them. I was using a National NC173 receiver to monitor them. Then I decided to turn on an Allied Radio Knight Kit RF Generator and start jamming their conversation. My dad was a ham radio operator so I had all this stuff at my disposal. Matter of fact I still have the Knight Kit signal generator. My motivation for jamming their walkie talkies was pure evil but provided my little twisted mind with entertainment. Hey, I was 12 years old. :)

Ron

Uh Oh, I am having some pangs of guilt. Thinking it was December of '62. The neighbor kids got a set of CB Walkie Talkies and were out on the street playing with them. I was using a National NC173 receiver to monitor them. Then I decided to turn on an Allied Radio Knight Kit RF Generator and start jamming their conversation. My dad was a ham radio operator so I had all this stuff at my disposal. Matter of fact I still have the Knight Kit signal generator. My motivation for jamming their walkie talkies was pure evil but provided my little twisted mind with entertainment. Hey, I was 12 years old. :)

Ron
i used to jam the TV when my brother and sister were watching something, and i wanted to watch something else. i knew i had the right frequency when they would start banging on the TV. i don't have the original EICO RF generator my grandfather gave me, but i did recently find another one at a garage sale. i also have a solid state one (which is, it turns out after pulling it down off the shelf, a Knight KG-696)

i used to jam the TV when my brother and sister were watching something, and i wanted to watch something else. i knew i had the right frequency when they would start banging on the TV. i don't have the original EICO RF generator my grandfather gave me, but i did recently find another one at a garage sale. i also have a solid state one (which is, it turns out after pulling it down off the shelf, a Knight KG-696)
I think I still have a few Eico and other Knight kit stuff in the basement.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back