Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radio Shack Special and 10mW transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddog_rvo

**broken link removed**
http://earthground.8m.com/rss(1)(1)(1).htm

Does anyone have a clue to modify these circuits for remote control, is it possible to use a PIC16F84 to replace the microphone

or does anyone know how to make an even easier circuit for control of 2 devices (it may not contain transmitter or receiver ic`s because i cant get them here)

If you used this transmitter for data transmission you would cause wideband interference. There is no harmonic filtering - or even a low pass filter.

What do you want to control?

The circuits which you have shown does not contain any TX RX ICs. The IC shown in the receiver circuit is a general purpose audio amplifer chip LM386 which is available easily.
To convert these circuits for remote control all you have to do is construct a monostable filp-flop using IC 555 (search google for schematic)and connect it in place of microphone. Now on the receiver end connect a bistable flip-flop which will toggle on reception of every pulse from the transmitter. The monostable on the transmitter side is not very necessary but it is just to give out a sharp pulse which can also be done by rapidly pressing and releasing a push-button switch.

in reply to pilot:
i`m trying to make my bedroom automated, i now control it by voice but i want to make an rf remote control, so if i get home i want to turn on my computer and light.

Readymade RF modules will make the work very easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back