Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

radio shack door alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

daviddoria

i got this alarm (49-422A) for free, and i have no idea how to set the code to turn the alarm off. i had no luck finding a manual online. does anyone know where to find it or have one??

No offense or anything

Like it says no offense or anything but radioshack sucks for just about everything. The other day I was in one of the radio shacks in the mall I am trying to get a job at and they couldn't figure out how to get 1.1 watts of power from 1000 milli watts ac (the guy wanted dc). Later I asked the sales person why he didn't know how to do the math since it is pretty simple and he says because their trained to sell the item that is needed not figure out the components and think of how they could be arranged. Explain that to me and I'll surely take back my statement that radio shack sucks.

Re: No offense or anything

Painandsuffering said:
Like it says no offense or anything but radioshack sucks for just about everything. The other day I was in one of the radio shacks in the mall I am trying to get a job at and they couldn't figure out how to get 1.1 watts of power from 1000 milli watts ac (the guy wanted dc). Later I asked the sales person why he didn't know how to do the math since it is pretty simple and he says because their trained to sell the item that is needed not figure out the components and think of how they could be arranged. Explain that to me and I'll surely take back my statement that radio shack sucks.

Radio Shack has gotten quite far from their roots -- no doubt about that --but that alone is not a real problem, as the typical RS customer today is not electronically oriented anyway!

Serious hobbyists know better than to rely on RS for their component needs nowadays. Most of these folks go the Mouser/DigiKey route instead. The selection of components available at Radio Shack now is pathetic, but that is not their main product line now. Now, they are more heavily into consumer electronics and gadgetry thatn inst supporting technicians and/or hobbyists.

Even the Radio Shack Commercial line is no longer. As recently as two years ago, they had a fairly full line of components available, including some semiconductor items that were hard to find elsewhere. Now, their "Transistors & Analog IC's" section consists of only 27 items, and their "Diodes & Rectifiers" line includes a mere 21 items.

Their last commercial catalog had 40 items in the 5W zener liting alone! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back