Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

R60 Aviation band radio kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

challengercs

Hello, I have recently purchased the kit

R60 Aviation Band PLL Receiver Kit High Sensitivity Aviation Radio Aircraft Tower Call​

from AliExpress, and upon connecting to an antenna and power, instead of recieving aircraft communications it mostly recieves static, except for one frequency which seems to recieve a Vietnamese radio station. I am based in Melbourne and am not aware of any Vietnamese AM radio stations in the area so I don't know what it could be recieving. Regardless, it would appear that the wrong frequency range is being recieved, despite having checked the components multiple times with the circuit diagram, which were correct. The reciever uses a band pass filter, high amplifier, NE602 mixer, TA7640 mid amplifier and LM386 low amplifier. The PCB is HM00ABRB_5.
If anybody has suggestions on how to fix this problem, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• 69933-R60 Receiver User's Manual.pdf
    709.5 KB · Views: 351
I have what looks almost the same thing as far as the schematic goes, for the 2m armature radio band.
Mine words well for a very small radio. But almost no one uses 2m radio now days.

Hello, I have recently purchased the kit

R60 Aviation Band PLL Receiver Kit High Sensitivity Aviation Radio Aircraft Tower Call​

from AliExpress, and upon connecting to an antenna and power, instead of recieving aircraft communications it mostly recieves static, except for one frequency which seems to recieve a Vietnamese radio station. I am based in Melbourne and am not aware of any Vietnamese AM radio stations in the area so I don't know what it could be recieving. Regardless, it would appear that the wrong frequency range is being recieved, despite having checked the components multiple times with the circuit diagram, which were correct. The reciever uses a band pass filter, high amplifier, NE602 mixer, TA7640 mid amplifier and LM386 low amplifier. The PCB is HM00ABRB_5.
If anybody has suggestions on how to fix this problem, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Check the obvious :

1) mixer down conversion frequency

2) Tuned circuits, the right cap is on the right L

3) Talk to local amatuer radio club for help, signal generators, VNA, they could be quite helpful.

Regards, Dana.

I have what looks almost the same thing as far as the schematic goes, for the 2m armature radio band.
Mine words well for a very small radio. But almost no one uses 2m radio now days.

I've got one of those small Baofeng multiband transceivers, it's very quiet on 2m round here, in the past I could hear repeaters on every channel.

Check the obvious :

1) mixer down conversion frequency

2) Tuned circuits, the right cap is on the right L

3) Talk to local amatuer radio club for help, signal generators, VNA, they could be quite helpful.

Regards, Dana.
I've looked at all components again and they appear to be installed correctly. Possibly a faulty component somewhere. Probably unsurprising for one of these unbranded Chinese kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back